• ⅓ bottle Vooka Sweet & Sour Sauce
• 500g pork capicola
• 1 tsp ginger, grated
• ½ Spanish onion, sliced
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 Thai green chili (optional)
• 1 tsp light soy sauce
• 1 tsp cooking oil
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Imagine drawing a cross on the capicola. On each line, make a small incision (about 1 cm) with your knife. This helps the pork from ballooning and ensures proper cooking.
2. Heat a pan on medium-high heat for one minute and add 1 tsp of cooking oil. While the skillet is heating up, season pork with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Lower heat to medium and place prok on the skillet. Cook on each side for 2 minutes. Set meat aside and allow meat to rest.
4. Lower heat again to medium-low. Add sliced Spanish onions to the same pan with the leftover capicola juices and cook until translucent (about 2 minutes). When onions are translucent, add in ginger, garlic and Thai green chili. Gently toss ingredients in the pan together so that they are well combined.
5. Add 1 tsp of light soy sauce. Shake the jar of Vooka Sweet and Sour Sauce until all contents are mixed well. Pour ⅓ of the jar into the pan. Allow the sauce to reduce and caramelize for 2 minutes, or until little bubbles start to form.
6. Layer the meat on a plate. Spoon a generous amount of sauce on each capicola and continue stacking until they're all plated. Enjoy!