Serves: 2 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
⅓ jar Vooka Sweet and Sour Sauce
10 medium/large chicken wings
1tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 stem green onion
1 tsp light soy sauce
¼ tsp ginger puree
1 tsp neutral cooking oil
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Pat chicken wings with paper towel to soak up moisture.
2. Turn oven on and set temperature to 425°F.
3. Wash green onion and place on paper towel to dry.
4. In a shallow bowl, mix together baking powder, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix wings into mixture.
5. Place wings in the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Turn wings over and bake for another 15 minutes. In the next 5 minutes turn over again. When meat is done, set aside in a bowl for 5 minutes to rest.
6. Shake Vooka Sweet and Sour Sauce to properly mix contents of jar. In a heavy pan or wok, heat oil on medium-low heat. When oil is hot, add in ginger puree, add ⅓ jar of Vooka Sweet and Sour Sauce and 1 tsp of light soy sauce. Stir well.
7. When little air bubbles start to appear in sauce, add in wings. Toss well. Plate and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame. Serve and enjoy!.